Around a cuppa

For the past 25 years, I have been starting my mornings with a cup of coffee. I'm pretty much addicted to my first cup in the morning and a few more during the day. I also like the socialness that comes with it. Many a new friendship / relationship has started with the words: "Let's have coffee sometime".
Korea is a coffee shop heaven. The big guys, like Starbucks, are obviously present, as well as some Korean franchises (some of which have gone international), like Holly's coffee, Angel-in-us and Tom 'n Toms. Then you get the small, one of a kind coffee shops like Caramella.


My favourite coffee shop is Angel-in-Us. Everything is angel-themed: The tables are wing-shaped, the mugs have wing-handles and the staff has wings printed on the backs of their shirts.

I will miss this, especially in winter and when it's Christmastime. I will remember Angel-in-Us, decorated in kitsch red and green, with plastic Christmas ornaments everywhere and I will always long to hear Mariah Carey (whining over the speakers how all she wants for Christmas is "yoooooooooooooooooooou"), while I snuggle up in my big, comfy, brown chair and have a big mug of steaming Caramel Latte.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things foreign guys should know.