One of those days...

Today was one of THOSE days.  I'm in a super time of my life and a very blessed season. I've been eating right, exercising and doing things that I like. I went back to my old church in Okpo and I've been taking more responsibility there. I've met some pretty awesome people and made special new friends.

But TODAY.....man oh man.
I woke up angry. I was irritated because I had to get up and go to work when the rain was pouring down outside my window. (So hard that I could actually hear it). 3 cups of coffee didn't  do anything to improve my mood. The babies, on the other hand, did cheer me up a little bit.  As the day progressed I got more irritated. I took a nap. I had a snack. I danced around. But it didn't work.

My day was an emotional rollercoaster: Friends got engaged. Friends are pregnant. Friends bought a house. I am extremely happy for them, but it kind of makes me remember what I am missing out on, being in Korea. My grandma has been really sick, my dad had an operation yesterday and I couldn't be there. I am sad, I am sorry and I miss them so much. But I need to be here. I know that, but it doesn't make it easier.

I went to Home Plus (the local mall) to buy some things for the mudfestival this weekend. I also ended up with wine and chocolate brownies... (A girl needs her comfort food, you know.) The shopping didn't help my mood, so (feeling very sorry for myself) I got into a taxi to come home.

The taxi-driver, being very pro-foreigner, decided to entertain me with some good English music. His tune of choice? Memories, by Barabara Streisand, from the musical "Cats". This (being one of the musicals that was my dream to star in, added to the fact that I've been living in the past for the last few days  PLUS all of today's emotions) should have been enough to make me burst into tears. But instead I burst out laughing, because the song made me realize how much of a typical girl I'm being... I love Korea and I'm thankful for days like these, because it makes me remember that in everything, I still have the sense of humour God gave me and that has saved my life more than once. Today was definitely one of THOSE days and for that I am glad.

Comments

  1. oe!!! ek het ook soms net 'n klein stukkie sjokolade nodig om deur die dag te kom ☺ maar well done met jou perspektief, en moenie voel jy mis vreeslik uit nie - ander mense mis uit op wat jy nou ervaar (en op die ou end mis ALMAL uit op IETS). be sweet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlize - pretty cool entry. I can actually hear your voice reading this. You should write more often it does improve one's mood just like that.
    Go ahead and celebrate each day because you can, in Korea or anywhere else.
    We miss you dearly girlfriend...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 things foreign guys should know.