Substitute Santa

Christmas is one of my favourite holidays. Apart from the religious meaning it holds, I also get to give and receive presents. Presents make me happy. Unfortunately for me, Christmas only comes once a year. Luckily for me, Korea has G-market.

G-market is an online shopping site that plays host to lots of different online stores. It has pretty much anything you can think of for a lot cheaper than the shops. And when I say anything you can think of, I really mean ANYTHING!!
Doing some shopping.
Look, I am a big fan of shopping the conventional way, but there is something addictive to the comfort of sitting in my nice, warm apartment and scrolling through the lists and lists of flashing pictures. Granted, it takes some time to work your way through all of the merchandise, but once you get the hang of it, it's very easy to use.

The site is in Korean, but there is an English language option. Things get a bit more complicated when you decide want and try to order. Most of the time, you need to be at least able to read Hangul, to make a successful order. And lodging a complaint brings a whole new set of problems, since most of the shops using G-market, don't have English speakers working for them.

When shopping for clothes, it takes a while to figure out the sizes. But trial and error (usually a bit  more error than trial) can help you figure out exactly what size is perfect for you. Then you should also remember that Koreans have short arms and short legs. I remember buying yoga pants and being super excited because they fit, until I looked down and saw that it ended about 4 centimeters above my feet. FAIL!

All of this aside, few things beat coming into the office, after dealing with screaming children, and finding a box or package waiting for me on my desk. Then I know: G-market Santa was here. And I get all giddy, even though I know what is in the box / bag.

Oeeeeeeeee.......excitement!!
 Today I am appreciating G-market. If Santa ever retires, I hope he gets them to take over his job!

Comments

  1. I miss G-market! I miss Elena who used to order things for me, and yeah...I miss walking into school and seeing a box on the desk!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 things foreign guys should know.